By Gluco Ambassador Holly Matthews, wellness coach and Mum
Winter has a natural slow down and is a more contemplative and restful season. Make sure to enjoy this and to take time to look after yourself and do things that feel good.
As with any season, I encourage you to take your self care seriously.
If it makes you feel good, do more of that.
Some ideas to keep you feeling alive, alert and feeling inspired during the winter months include:
- Go for a winter walk, wrap up and go crunch around in the woods.
- Go to museums and art galleries.
- Go spend an hour in the library and read a book (people rarely do this now and it’s such a lovely thing to do)
- Do some journaling, or a gratitude diary, write down everything you want in life and document the things you love about your world right now.
- Draw winter pictures- the kids will love this too!
- Curl up in a warm blanket and read a book or magazine. If you have kids wrap them up in it too and read them a story.
- Take a lovely long bath, put candles around it, bubble bath and put some calming music on.
- Invite friends around, pop on the fire (if you have one) and do a jigsaw, whilst drinking mulled wine
- Do a winter pamper day, scrub, moisturise and refresh your winter body (PJ’s optional!)
Looking after your body and mind is essential during these winter months, you don’t have to hibernate, stay social but keep warm. For advice on how to keep your body healthy during winter also see my ‘surviving the Winter months’ posts.